Part-time Accounts Assistant
Salary £22k - £26k (pro-rated) + bonus + pension
15 hours per week (ideally working 5 hours/day, 3 times a week, with some flexibility)
Reallymoving.com Ltd. is a rapidly growing business, based in the centre of St Albans, with 2 website brands:
- reallymoving – the UK’s leading online provider of quotes for home-moving services, with over 2 million registered users.
- The Law Superstore - a comparison site for a broad range of legal services
We are looking to recruit a part-time experienced Accounts Assistant to join our team. This is a key role and a great opportunity to join an established business that continues to grow. You will be used to working in a hands-on role with an adaptable approach to changing business requirements.
- Performing Credit Control, sending email reminders and making phone calls where necessary
- Setting up Direct Debit instructions and taking ad hoc Credit card payments
- Coding and processing purchase invoices and expenses, ensuring that they are authorised for payment, filing documents where necessary
- Setting up and amending customer & supplier information
- Performing regular Bank and Credit Card reconciliations, chasing missing bills/documents
- Dealing with invoice queries
- Reconciling key balance sheet accounts at month end
- Supporting the Finance and Operations Manager and assisting with other office administrative duties as required.
- Previous experience of working in an accounting department, ideally with a formal accounting qualification (AAT or similar)
- Experience in using Office 365, particularly Outlook
- Previous experience in using an accounting system (ideally Xero)
- This role requires a confident self-starter who is used to managing their own workload with strong teamwork skills, time management, motivation and the ability to work autonomously.
- Desire to work in a small, but growing business and therefore flexible to new demands.
What can we offer you?
- Annual performance bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free book allowance for work-relevant publications
- Individual training budget
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free loans for travel season ticket or parking available
- Birthday cake!
- To be surrounded by brilliant, talented and fun people in a growing business
- An opportunity to work with a growing brand and on a product with an ambitious roadmap
- Working in a great location in central St Albans, bang in the middle of all the shops, restaurants and bars.
Apply for this role
Sound interesting? Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]