Junior Web Developer
We're looking for a junior developer to join our in-house team in an exciting period of growth and development for reallymoving.
You will be helping shape the development of The Law Superstore website, which provides a comparison engine for Legal Services. The successful candidate for this role will have an excellent opportunity to learn and be involved in all aspects of the business from user experience, content management, web development, solution architecture and cloud (AWS & Azure) deployments.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related subject or relevant commercial experience in a related role
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving aptitude
- Programming experience (using any server-side language PHP, .Net, Node.js)
- Experience of MVC frameworks
- SQL scripting & SQL server experience
- Git Source control
- Understanding of web security, usability and accessibility
Knowledge of any of the following would be advantageous:
- Amazon Web Services or Azure
- Test driven development
- Continuous integration tools
- Mobile first/responsive design
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willing to adapt and learn new skills
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free book allowance for work-relevant publications
- Individual training budget
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free loans for travel season ticket or parking available
- Birthday cake!
- To be surrounded by brilliant, talented and fun people in a growing business
- An opportunity to work with a growing brand and on a product with an ambitious roadmap
- An opportunity to work with advanced web technologies and be part of a culture that encourages innovation
- Working in a great location in central St Albans, bang in the middle of all the shops, restaurants and bars.
Apply for this role
Sound interesting? Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]