4.1 out of 5.0 based on 685 reviews
Compare conveyancing fees from up to 4 solicitors
We launched in 2001 in the USA and we are proud of our 4,000,000 customers worldwide. We offer a solicitor led service here in the UK with a dedicated customer service team, online tracking, and a high-tech customer login portal. With some of the highest customer ratings in the conveyancing sector, we are proud of our great reputation and our determination to make legal services accessible, clear and affordable to all.
We are a member of the Law Society's Conveyancing Quality Scheme.
Providing a countrywide service from its bases in Yorkshire and the East Midlands, Legalzoom offers:
Complete the conveyancing process without you taking time out.
When life bumps into the law, we want to take the stresses away. Our legal team do the important things, our technology handles the admin and we pass the savings onto you.
LegalZoom (Beaumont ABS Ltd)
Average service quality
Average value for money
Value for money
Sheffield Mover on 10 Mar 2018
Providing information upfront was great via an easy to use web portal, on there there's a chat facility and you can always check the status of where you are in the process which I think's brilliant. Comms with Natalie and her colleagues has been great, we've used email mainly and quality and speed of responses has been much better than I expected (first time buyer, heard horror stories, responses back within a day).
Katyjo17 on 8 Mar 2018
Happy with service provided however the invoicing is very misleading, 2 days before completion I got sent a bill for nearly 2k which wasn’t expected and the amount hadn’t been totalled up correctly.
Thanks for your feedback. We're delighted that you were happy with the level of service offered and that we were able to help you move in to your first home. We can see that the issue with the statement was resolved but apologise for any confusion caused and will look in to why this happened.
Remortgage on 27 Feb 2018
Person owning my case changed a few times, never spoke to the same person twice. My file was untouched for a week, despite me phoning and saying please can it be looked at, I think someone went on holiday and didn’t hand it over.
We always aim to allocate a case to one dedicated case handler as we appreciate this makes communication easier and more consistent for customers and all parties involved. Our teams are structured to ensure work can continue when a case handler is on leave so we will look into what happened in your case and appreciate the feedback.
Nick Name on 25 Feb 2018
From the information provided by Really Moving, Beaumont seemed like a good choice: they seemed to have very good customer satisfaction and were competitively priced. It was only after engaging with them that I dug a little deeper and found other reviews elsewhere on the internet that described similar frustrations to my own - primarily a lack or responsiveness to questions.
I might have given them a higher star rating that I have, they weren't all bad, but I feel compelled to do my bit to drag their average down because it is woefully high at the moment.
- The quote I received explicitly included a HTB ISA fee, but the case handler tried to tell me that it was undisclosed and that I needed to pay extra - it was only after significant back and forth and sending them written proof of their quote twice that they acknowledged that it had indeed been quoted for.
- I explicitly said I was buying freehold, the form filled in my the seller explicitly said they were selling freehold, but when Beaumont received multiple titles they immediately assumed that it was a leasehold transaction and tried to bill me extra for doing the wrong sort of legal work, without checking with me first. This coupled with the point above gives the worrying impression that the case handler is not well briefed on the case before starting.
- They say they've got no hidden fees, but right at the end of the process they tell you about an opt-out strongly recommended property fraud protection that's not included in their quote.
- They didn't pass all communications that needed to be between buyer and seller, as I found out some time later when the seller's agent contacted me to ask questions that I'd already answered.
- They appeared to miss a set of fees payable that weren't disclosed by the seller and had in fact not been paid in previous years. I say appeared because it wasn't mentioned in their report, and appeared to be investigated only after I inquired about it.
- They provided overly generic information, and it took significant effort on my part to get them to state which bits were relevant to me. For example they suggested if I was concerned about chancel repair that I should get insurance for it (I'd never heard of chancel repair before), it was only after a couple of rounds of email that I got them to confirm that in this case the Church's interest would have to be declared on the title, and so we knew for certain that there was no liability in this case.
- Their online portal is used only to collect information at the start, it doesn't compete with others that give you ongoing insight into the status of your matter.
- For a brief period after delivering their report, they were responsive to questions.
- Staff illness did not appear to delay progress significantly.
- They were competitively priced, and to my knowledge at this point have got us to completion without major issues.
Bottom line: this firm's busty approach to client communication differs significantly from the style I would prefer.
When I discovered ReallyMoving, I would definitely have recommended it to friends as a great way of getting a manageable list of quotes and other information quickly - now however I would probably recommend that they steer clear of ReallyMoving on the grounds that the quote that looked the best in terms of customer satisfaction doesn't when compared with the rest of the internet.
Thank you for the feedback and for highlighting the positive aspects as well as the negative. In comparison to other lead generation sites on the internet, Reallymoving do a great job of asking questions in advance, so that an accurate estimate of costs can be provided by each solicitor on panel. We apologise if there was an issue with the Help to Buy fee and we have since improved our processes to ensure that communication between teams is improved and that the estimate, provided out of our own system, matches the Reallymoving quote. We understand that customers want to know what they will be expected to pay and we always aim to provide an accurate estimate from the outset. However, in your case there were complexities with the title and management company issues which would not be picked up during the quoting stage. Once these issues came to light, we did write to you at the earliest opportunity to make you aware of additional fees but we appreciate that we should have spoken to you to get the correct details in advance of applying the standard leasehold fees.
homeowner on 20 Feb 2018
No further comments
Tim on 19 Feb 2018
Good price and service
Christina on 17 Feb 2018
Faryal is a credit to Beaumonts. Very professional and a great communicator.
Eleonora on 15 Feb 2018
We still haven’t finish the process as we pulled out from another house but, for the new one, we choose Beaumont again.Until now everything is running smoothly and the guy who is helping us is very polite and prompt in the answers.Can’t complain.
Tim on 9 Feb 2018
Very happy with them. I will use them again.
Eva Horvath on 8 Feb 2018
Case handler was very amateur, little knowledge in conveyancing, made basic mistakes along the way.
Compare moving quotes in 3 simple steps
14B Chequer Street
Get quotes for:
Cookies for this website are disabled. Press OK to active them.
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better.
You can use this tool to change your cookie settings. Otherwise, we’ll assume you’re OK to continue.
Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to work.
We also use some non-essential cookies to collect information for making reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form.
To control third party cookies, you can also adjust your browser settings.
Cookies for this website are disabled. Press the below button to active them.