Heyes Surveyors are an independent, RICS regulated Chartered Surveyors, with over 35 years professional experience. Whilst our head office is based in Manchester, we also have offices in Amersham and Birmingham. We employ local surveyors who have first class knowledge of their areas. We make sure that our reports are not only delivered efficiently (5-7 working days) but that they are clear and easy to understand. We are always happy to answer any questions you may have.
We are experienced in providing Building Surveys, Homebuyer Reports and Residential Valuations. We provide quality reports and a quality service with effective aftercare and customer service. Our services are available throughout England and Wales but we mainly concentrate on Northwest & North Wales, Midlands, London & the Home Counties and Yorkshire.
Being Regulated Members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) brings you peace of mind:
- All our Surveyors undertake regular Professional Development Training.
- We are fully insured with Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- We operate an effective complaints handling procedure.
- All our surveyors are qualified with either FRICS, MRICS or AssocRICS designations.
- Our office staff are customer service focussed.
- We provide a no jargon, easy to understand service.
- All our Reports are endorsed by RICS and we use the RICS Home Survey format.
RICS Building Surveys
A full building survey is a detailed report on the condition of a property. Each accessible part of the property is inspected and any necessary repairs and anticipated costs will be identified (cost of repairs is available at an additional cost). A valuation is not included but we are able to provide one for an additional fee.
. The building survey covers the following:
- Major and minor defects
- Possible cost of repairs
- Damp tests and timber damage
- Condition of damp proofing, insulation and drainage
- Technical information and materials used
- Recommendation for further inspections
The length of time the inspection takes is dependent on the size of the property and the extent of any identified defects. Typically a three-bedroom house in reasonable condition will take from 3 hours. The report will then be made available within 7 working days. If you advise us that the property needs modernisation or is a renovation project, then these timescales may increase due to the extra time needed to carry out the survey and write up the report. We will advise further on instruction.
RICS HomeBuyer Report
- Inspection of each element of the property
- Identification of any major faults
- Identification of urgent problems that may require further inspection
- Damage to timbers
- Results of damp testing within the walls
- Estimated cost of rebuilding for insurance purposes
The length of time the inspection takes is dependent on the size of the property and the extent of any identified defects. Typically a three-bedroom house in reasonable condition will take from 2 hours. The report will then be made available within 5 working days.