Sellers not found new home – should I instruct a solicitor?
Ben from Crawley
09 March 2015
Legal questions and answers
We’ve just had our offer on a house confirmed and we have a solicitor ready to go. But I am wary as the sellers are only just going for a second viewing on a property they are interested in. Should I wait until they have put in an offer and had it confirmed on the property they are interested in? I don't want to shell out a lot of money to then have the sellers decide they don't like the property on the second viewing and pull out of the sale with us. Thanks!
Thank you for your question.
From your description it seems like you are in some sort of a chain and can only buy the property once the seller has had his offer accepted on another property. Since you have instructed a solicitor and there is no indication that any searches have been carried out then you will not incur any legal fees.
If the seller’s solicitors have confirmed that they are ready sell and your solicitor has requested the contract pack to be sent over; then your solicitor will ask you to pay for the searches to get things moving forward.
It is more of a personal choice as to how you wish to proceed and I would recommend that you speak to your estate agent and solicitor who can best advise you on the fees involved.
Related questions & answers
Ready to get quotes?
Compare conveyancing fees from up to 4 solicitors
We've already helped over 2,370,371 movers
I found it really helpful to have a comparison of the costs and level of service for each firm clearly set out. It made finding a solicitor extremely easy, and I would not have been able to have got such good value for money without it
Bridgend, June 2018