Shared Ownership Valuations

If you're staircasing or selling your Shared Ownership home, you'll need a valuation.

Shared Ownership

Whether you're selling your Shared Ownership home, or you're staircasing to own a larger portion of the property, you'll need to know what your property is worth. A Chartered Surveyor can offer a Shared Ownership Valuation, which is essential for knowing what your property is currently valued at. This will allow you and the Housing Association/Developer to know what your portion is worth and how much more of the property you can afford to buy.

Our Chartered Surveyors are regulated by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, (RICS) and you can compare local firms by price and reviews.

What is a valuation?

A Chartered Surveyor will visit and assess the property, generating an estimate for how much they believe the property is worth. This takes into account the features and location of the property, and refers to similar properties in the area to justify how they've come to that decision.

For Shared Ownership owners, you want to know if your property has increased in value, and how much buying up more of the property would cost you. A valuation can help with that. It's also needed if you do want to move forward with staircasing.

We've already helped over 2,882,911 movers

12,986 user reviews

Did everything that was said on the tin ????

Mel on 23/04/2024

Help & Advice

Our guides and checklists

Take a look at our helpful guides designed to help you with your valuation.

More about the moving process

If you're selling your Shared Ownership property and moving on, our Moving House Checklist will make sure you don't forget a thing. If you're not sure about how long everything takes, have a look at our Moving Home Timeline. If you want a clear breakdown of how much your move might cost, look at our Moving Cost Calculator.

Trust a professional

Valuations are more than a case of guessing the price - an expert opinion will be backed up with local data and examples.