It is now two weeks left until your moving date, where you should be confirming all important details and contact numbers with your removal company and estate agent, schools etc in preparation for your move. If your removal company cannot provide additional services such as un-plumbing washing machines, disassembling/reassembling furniture and packing, it would be a good time to organise these too. On your moving day, it would be useful to have children and pets cared for at a different location if possible – familiar family and friends would be the best option, so begin to ask appropriate people to see if they are available.
- Finalise details with the removals company – confirm times, emergency numbers, parking and directions
- Check you have sufficient medication for the moving period
- Arrange child and pet care for your moving day – don’t be afraid to ask friends and family
- Book people to carry out services if your removal company is not providing them e.g. house cleaning, dismantling of flat pack furniture, plumber for the dishwasher and washing machines
- Safely dispose of all flammable materials and liquids that require specialist treatment – your removal company cannot move dangerous liquids
- Cancel local services you receive and settle outstanding bills e.g. newspapers, gardeners, cleaners, window cleaner, oil deliveries
- Run down freezer foods and other perishables
Get your personalised home move reminders
Enter your details to get a series of personalised notifications with everything you need to move home. You'll get our helpful reminders at each stage of your move, so you wont forget a thing!
Sorry, something went wrong
Please refresh the page and try again
You're almost done...
To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email we have just sent you.