4.5 out of 5.0 based on 6 reviews
Up to 4 instant quotes from Chartered Surveyors
Regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Prinsegate Chartered Surveyors specialises in Party Wall Agreements, Full Structural Building Surveys and Specific Defect Reports. We have offices in London, Kingston and Esher, and our teams have excellent knowledge of the local areas. Our RICS surveyors will provide a detailed survey report and offer all kinds of advice about the Party Wall Act and residential buildings. Not only that, we deliver reports within only 72 hours of the inspection date. Please get in touch today, and one of our RICS surveyors will be happy to help.
Prinsegate Chartered Surveyors
Average service quality
Average value for money
Value for money
Terri on 22 Jul 2019
Quick service, very easy to organise. Got my report within the time given.
The shmoo on 10 Jun 2019
I received a fast response from this company and great customer service.
Anb on 7 May 2019
Daniel on 9 Jan 2019
Sarah on 3 Jun 2018
I paid extra for a video summary and this wasn’t sent with the report. I had to follow up several times with reception who are unhelpful and won’t forward you into anyone that can actually help. They flat out refuse to give you anyone’s direct contact and even hung up on my partner. It’s not possible to speak to your actual surveyor unless you’re unhappy. I didn’t get any response as to why the video wasn’t sent from Prinsegate Just that they would “try to locate the file”.
In addition to this they sent an invoice that was more than what was agreed via email. Oddly they sent two invoices for two different costs neither of which was what was agreed but I paid anyway. They didn’t disclose that they charge for travel and they charged extra to check the garage and shed which originally was an “option” but their response was “it’s automatically included unless specified otherwise”.
The report did not cover all fittings and fixtures (such as doors and windows) - an option I did pay extra for. The surveyor apologised for not covering this properly but Nicholas Prinsegate said their terms and conditions say they don’t check electric gates and doors. I checked and it does not explicitly state this.
The report didn’t include some bubbling and brown staining in one bathroom despite me paying extra for photos of “all defects”. They were happy to include a photo of the basin next to the stain which was “in fair condition” though.
The report was inconsistent and despite it being long it has an excess of default paragraphs not even relevant to your property.
It’s been over a week since I received the report and still no video or explanation on why it wasn’t sent. I’ve asked for a partial refund.
When finally speaking to Nicholas, instead of apologising for their poor service they accused me of trying to extract money from them! What a joke. I still haven’t received a refund for not receiving the video. Stay well away.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to comment on this feedback, which we can refute as follows:
1. Video Summary: this is a bolt-on service (not essential to the building survey) and was refunded (see Paypal transaction – email address hidden for data protection) – please confirm the Paypal address for us to check
2. Calls: see attached call logs of numerous direct phone calls received, answered and returned by myself, my assistant surveyor and the receptionist post-survey
3. Emails: we have also been sending numerous emails as part of our commitment to the client both pre and post inspection (see attached my own personal email log)
4. Invoice: see attached only 1 invoice on our system, as sent to the client, which was updated
5. Travel/parking expenses: as per our terms and conditions attached (see part 7.1), which were sent on quotation and were included in the building survey document, which are reasonable costs of £10
6. Additional Building Areas: as per the attached quotation, these are automatically added unless specified otherwise, due to the fact that it would be unfair to quote for a seemingly small property and then find multiple extensions, outbuildings, a loft conversion, etc. all of which we are expected to include as part of the survey (we can not simply avoid surveying them because of pricing, otherwise that would be negligent), which is why we have this mechanism in the quotation.
7. Gates: we have checked doors, but electronic gates are not included (see 4.9[b]) as these need testing by a certified electronic gate specialist; Sarah may send through the building survey to further evidence that we have tested the fittings (as per attached screenshots)
8. “All defects”: “the report need only cover the visible structural condition of the building… will not list every single superficial defect, as this report is not intended to be a snagging list” (see 1.6 of the building survey report attached).
9. Recording: all of our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes. I have reviewed the recordings. We have evidence that the receptionist was very polite and helpful, which we are happy to send through if consent is provided. The receptionist did forward the call to us, but we were on site. Sarah and her partner had our direct contact details, as we have evidenced.
10. I had spoken to the client over the phone and re-iterated that we are happy to re-inspect and take a look at some of the additional items, even though they are above and beyond the focus of the report (snagging or beyond the remit of a building survey), but this was refused. We cannot be refused an opportunity to satisfy the client’s needs and instead be ordered to send them refund(s).
Jim1988 on 29 Mar 2017
Requested a full buildings survey which was comprehensive and was produced within a few days allowing us to proceed and make an offer. Also the quote was good value compared to others. Would use again.
Get surveyors quotes
14B Chequer Street
Get quotes for:
Cookies for this website are disabled. Press OK to active them.
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better.
You can use this tool to change your cookie settings. Otherwise, we’ll assume you’re OK to continue.
Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to work.
We also use some non-essential cookies to collect information for making reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form.
To control third party cookies, you can also adjust your browser settings.
Cookies for this website are disabled. Press the below button to active them.